Pages

Friday, September 2, 2016

MAYA || Sinners



Their aren't too many people who are prepared to bring soulful pop to the Aussie music scene, but thankfully MAYA has well and truly landed with her debut single Sinners. The mature vocals and string heavy music are welcome additions to today's often heavily produced Top 40 pop. Having grown up singing blues alongside her father, MAYA is an artist who truly embodies music as a lifestyle. And it shows.

Hey, I’m…MAYA.

My music is…Soulful Jazzy vocal stacks on electro hip hop inspired beats.

I began writing music…When I was 6 years old. Improvising blues with my dad.

When I’m not working, you’ll find me…Riding my bike, listening to music and dancing my stresses away.

People say I’m…Insane.

I’d describe myself as…Unique.

The quality I most admire about other people is…When they give you their undivided attention.

My greatest achievement so far is…Saving $30,000 in a year, working three terrible hospitality jobs when I was 20. Just so I could travel the world and experience other cultures.

Something you wouldn’t guess about me is…I have a African/Native American father, Hungarian mother and natural red hair…

The new track is…Sinners.

Take a listen because…It's a fresh sound!

One last note…Come to my single launch at the Evelyn Hotel on the 2nd of September and thanks for reading!

MAYA SHOW DATES
Fri 29 JUL |  PARIS CAT JAZZ CLUB, MELBOURNE VIC
Tickets available from www.pariscat.com.au

Fri 2 SEP |  THE EVELYN, MELBOURNE VIC
Tickets available from http://evelynhotel.com.au 

Sat 17 SEP |   ANTHENAEUM THEATRE, MELBOURNE VIC (with Jim Steinman)
Tickets available from www.ticketek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! But foul language or anything offensive is not accepted. Have a swell day. :)