Friday, December 4, 2015

The Sunnyside - Dallas Crane || Review



Is there anything better than an ace song for nothing? Download The Sunnyside for free here.

I'm not sure how much of my love for rock music I can attribute to my dad's constant playing of Cold Chisel when I was a child, but I'm going to go with a whole lot of it. Which is lucky really, because I'd be totally missing out if I couldn't appreciate Dallas Crane's latest track The Sunnyside. So kudos Dad, you did good.

The Sunnyside is a drum heavy, soaring vocals type of rock that continues to stand the test of time. The thing that really attracts me to rock, and in turn to this Dallas Crane tune, is the rawness of the music. There is no pretending, no computers or tricks here. If you can't play it live how it sounds recorded then it would miss the best thing about this rocky genre. It's honesty.

Maybe I'm just nostalgic (can you even be nostalgic at seventeen?), but this is a track that you can love now, tomorrow and in a decade's time. Dallas Crane doesn't slow down, they build their momentum until the very last note, it's a clever technique, really, because you'll only ever want more.

Tour Dates
Saturday December 26 - Barwon Club Hotel, GEELONG
Sunday December 27 - Lorne Hotel, LORNE
Saturday January 16 - Ballarat Beer Festival, BALLARAT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.