Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Album Reviews // 1, 2 & 3

1//   Julian Simonsz ~ Julian Simonsz 

I have been complaining lately that I couldn't find the right songs for summer. Which I now have to retract because I should've just picked up Julian Simonsz' debut self-titled EP! (It would've saved me the hassle and those people having to listen to my constant music-wallowing.) Simonsz completely lives up to his Justin Timberlake comparisons, but totally owns it. This album is a gem, my favourite track is number 4: an acoustic version of I Do It For You. Big love for this, I'm pumped for Simonsz' next offering!

Read my chat with Julian HERE  || http://juliansimonsz.com/

2// Shameem ~ The Second City

This album blew me away. I'm not going to lie, this isn't my usual type of music, but Shameem is such a standout that I had to give it a try anyway! And I'm so glad I did. This soulful, enchanting collection, with a distinctive jazzy feel, Shameem hasn't messed around with this one. The lyrics were amazing; I was so relaxed by this album that it took me way too long to write a review at all! Upcoming artists are my favourite, Shameem offers such an honest, refreshing album. Definitely give this one a chance!


  
Shameem finished my sentences HERE! || http://www.shameemmusic.com/

 3// Timothy Nelson & The Infidels ~ Terror Terror, 
                                                                                     Hide It Hide It
I'm just going to say it: I really love this band. Honestly, this album is a great start of the day pick-me-up. In fact I'd set it as my alarm, but that's just a sure way to make me resent it after about three days. So instead it stays ready for me to dance once the sun's fully risen. Its upbeat, quirky feel - guitar, drums, violin, synth, cello and percussion - has never sounded this much a perfect mess. Terror Terror, Hide It Hide It shouldn't work this well, but it just does. Listen to it.

I interviewed them HERE || http://tninfidels.bandcamp.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.