Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Anna O // Symphony Launch


Let me introduce you to Anna. Anna O.

She's the red-headed powerhouse whose name you should familarise yourself with.

I may be a blogger, and in turn a writer, but sometimes my words really can't justify something. So instead, read Anna's and listen to her music. I'm sure that you'll love her just as much as I do.

Mahalia: Congratulations on the new single! How are you feeling?
Anna: Thank you! I am so stoked with how well Symphony has been received so far, and excited to see where it goes.

M: What's it been like working on Symphony?
A:  Symphony was the last track that I wrote for the EP and it was a very last minute addition. In terms of writing, it came together quite quickly, but we spent a fair bit of time on it in the studio. The team [of people] I have around me are unreal; my producer, Rhys Machell, put the bulk of the tune together, with the help of my guitarist, Simeon Nelson. Then it was sent off to Karl Cashwell, who added in the amazing string parts and some extra ear candy. It was so cool hearing each new mix as the song developed and I knew it was the right song to release first.

M: What were you feeling once it was released?
A: I was really keen to get the song out, but once it was out I tried not to put too much expectation on it.

M: Did it get the initial response you were hoping for?
A: The response Symphony has been getting is so much bigger than I could have hoped for. I'm feeling really good about the direction my sound is taking, and that's been confirmed for me in so many ways, which is nice! Getting featured on HillyDilly a few days after I put the song up on Triple J Unearthed was definitely a highlight and has opened up some really great opportunities for me - but you'll hear more about that soon!

M: What's happening for you now?
A: At the moment, I'm just under a week out from the single launch show of Symphony at Amplifier Bar on Saturday (December 13th). So I am currently in rehearsals for that and preparing to hit Sydney and Melbourne with a couple of shows in January. There's a few other exciting things on the horizon, but yet to be announced, so keep an eye out!

M: What should people know about your upcoming EP? What should they expect?
A: I'm yet to settle on a title for the second EP, but people can expect a shift in [the] sound from my first release. I would say it's less pop and more electronic sort of vibes, but there's still lots of similar elements in the melodies, vocal layers, and beats. Lyrically this collection of songs are based much more around storytelling than personal experience. I wanted to communicate particular emotions and explore different concepts that haven't necessarily happened to me but are common human experience. I'm really with how the tunes are coming together and can't wait to release them to the world next year!

M: What inspired you to take up music?
A: I've always been drawn to music, and I've never loved anything else enough to stick at it. It's like I have this deep-seated knowing that music is what I'm meant to do, and I've never been able to shake it..so here I am!

M: And just because it's nearly Christmas - are you a candy cane taker or leaver?
A: I feel like such a party pooper to say it, but I'm not a massive fan of candy canes. Give me Mum's Christmas roast any day.


Don't miss Anna, follow her music: http://www.annao.co/  AND  https://www.facebook.com/annaomusic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.